True is that NGO Emergency has never been a fan of the Italian support of US criminal activities in Afghanistan, but was it really the case to stop them for that?
It's no mystery that Italy is only an ailing, pathetic Zio-US-colony and that each and every government has been previously stamped and approved by the CIA, but forgodsake, do Italian politicians really need to remind us of this every time they open their mouth? Can they really never say anything even a little evocative of some veneer of independence?
A while ago, Italian premier Berlusconi, who is not exactly famous for his intellectual brightness, issued the very unfortunate remark of our "brotherhood" with Israel, brotherhood mainly unknown (and quite not appreciated) by Italian people, and urged Israel to become a member of the EU.
Yesterday, the Italian minister of Foreign Affairs, Franco Frattini, issued another pearl. Two, actually. Asked about the events the three medical workers found themselves involved in, instead of showing the support he's supposed to give to Italian citizens abroad, he immediately replied; "The men arrested are not part of the Italian involvement in Afghanistan," and "the Italian government confirms its hard line against any kind of direct or indirect support to terrorist activities in Afghanistan and anywhere else."
Excuse me, Mr Frattini: What?
- Are you saying that you are not going to protect the three Italian doctors that in Afghanistan are trying to save the desperate cases of bodies mangled by US humanitarianism?
- Are you implying, by any chance, that the Emergency's doctors are somehow involved in any kind of terrorist activity?
- Are you saying to all Italian citizens abroad that they have no government to rely on should anything happen to them?
- Do you know that you are a minister of a sovereign and independent State and that you are entitled (and required) to kick any foreign interference out of the national Parliament?
- Do you know that it's not necessary to be always subservient at 90° and that even the most thick-headed has now understood you are a zio-servant?
Frattini has showed, once again, he doesn't represent Italy, because most of the Italian population is unconditionally on Emergency's side.
He has proved unfit to be part of the Italian government because unwilling to defend Italians abroad.
His reaction, in this occasion, was highly disappointing, thus, he should seriously consider to resign from his position.